From ice skating to pi day, it all adds up to almost infinite ways to explore the steel city
In like a lion, out like a lamb, so the saying goes. We are ready to March through the next month with a list of more than 31 things to keep drinking, moving, dancing, crafting and dining around Pittsburgh.
Our very first event is a combines several of our Pittsburgh favorites into one winter punch. Join us for a skate date on Sunday, March 3rd. Take a few spins around the rink or sip some hot chocolate, tickets are $8 which includes skates and hot chocolate. Regardless of how you divide your time over the next month, be sure to add our Pie Day party to your calendar on March 14. We will have pie and beer, and we promise it will equal a good time for all.
- MUSIC – Princess @ Warhol Museum
— Andy Warhol Museum (@TheWarholMuseum) February 28, 2019
- FASHION – Lunar Gala @ Carnegie Mellon
- SKATE – $8 Skate Date to Benefit 412 Food Rescue @ MassMutual Pittsburgh Rink at PPG – skate into spring with us at our debut event!
*WEATHER UPDATE FOR SUNDAY*
– Light Snow expected ⛄️
Translation: amazing photo opportunity.
Come skate with us (tix available below) and get your portrait taken by Julie from @passportpgh.
– Hot cocoa from @ZekesPGH
— Very Local PGH (@VeryLocalPGH) March 1, 2019
- DRINK – Cocktail Class: Whiskey Sour @ Wigle Whiskey Tasting Room
- PARTY – Official 2019 Northside Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday Party! @ Elks #339 – The Northside’s two week long Mardi Gras celebration culminates in an evening of music, food, and fun. Plus, Roger Humphries will be crowned the new king.
- DRINK – Spork Spring Drink Menu Preview Presidential Pizza Party @ Spork – Bartenders are donating 100% of their gratuities to support employees of Harris Grill Shadyside who have all endured financial hardships after the recent fire.
- PLAY – Strange Roots Bingo Night @ Strange Roots Experimental Ales (Millvale) – With prizes that include T-shirts, growlers, sandwiches, and Twinkies, who wouldn’t want to play bingo at Strange Roots?!?
- STORYTELLING – WordPlay @ Bricolage – Everyday folks tell stories set to live, real-time DJ accompaniment.
- LEARN – Guided Tour: Pittsburgh’s Attic From Glass to Ketchup @ Heinz History Center
- DONATE – Empty Bowls Dinner @ Rodef Shalom Congregation
- KNIT – Knit Clinic @ Workshop PGH – Workshop’s knitting instructor is hosting a drop-in help session.
- CATS! – Cat Video Fest 2019 Pittsburgh @ Row House Cinema
— TribLIVE.com (@TribLIVE) February 23, 2019
- CHILL – Hip-Hop & Chill @ Spirit Lodge
- PIE – SAVE THE DATE! We’re having a pie day party. More details to come! @ East End Brewing
- FISH FRY – Friday Fish Fry @ Nancy’s Revival
- KIDS – The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show @ Byham Theater
- SHOP – Bag It Up! Pittsburgh Artists Seconds Sale @ Ace Hotel
View this post on Instagram
March 17 from 11am-3pm, I'm co-hosting a super-sized bag sale from multiple artists in the Pittsburgh area. Bag It Up is your chance to get a bag full of seconds, t-shirts, greeting cards, artwork, coffee mugs, maker materials, used pieces, and to be honest a lot of perfectly good stuff that we just don't have room for anymore! Join us in the Ace Hotel gym from 11am-3pm; $20 gets you admission and a big bag that you can fill with as much stuff as you can fit into it. Sip while you shop with drinks from the Ace Hotel bar & coffee shop or stay for brunch at Whitfield. And bring your four-legged friend too; this is a dog-friendly event! Visit my page on Facebook to RSVP or check out my blog to read more about the show. See you March 17, 11am-3pm!
- PLAY – Monday Night Dodgeball @ Ace Hotel
- RUN – Tuesday Night Trail Runs @ 3 Rivers Outdoor Company
- HIKE – Full Moon Hike @ Riverview Park -Hike through Riverview Park, using only the moon to guide you
- SEE – Faces of Wo/Men @ Carnegie Mellon University
- MAKE – 21+ Night: Kimchi Workshop @ Assemble – Learn how to ferment your own kimchi
- DANCE – Honky-Tonk Jukebox @ Elks #339 – A monthly dance-hall style concert performance hosted by Jon Bindley of Bindley Hardware Co. Come for the Willie, stay for the Merle.
- DANCE – West Philadelphia Orchestra @ Cattivo – Can’t wait for Pittonkatonk in May? WPO’s Balkan-influced brass gets the dance party started this March.
- YOGA – Manic Monday Yoga @ deFER Coffee & Tea – A yoga class food and a drink from deFER for $25.
- MUSIC – Bit Brigade performs Mega Man III w/ Double Ferrari & Dethlehem @ Spirit
- DRINK – March Milkshakes @ Wigle Whiskey
- STITCH – Nature Scape Stitching @ 3 Rivers Outdoor Company
- DRINK – Cocktail Classic @ The Pennsylvanian – 20 of the city’s best bars and bartenders to shake, stir, and sling their finest libations.
- DANCE – Emo/Pop Punk Pajama Party @ The Smiling Moose
- MOVE – Pay what you want Tai Chi @ Frick Environmental Center