From the Allegheny County Health Department to the Port Authority, here is a list of websites and Twitter accounts to follow for updates on the coronavirus in Pittsburgh.
Here are all the local websites, Facebook pages, and Twitter accounts to follow for local updates about the coronavirus in Pittsburgh.
Allegheny County Health Department
The Allegheny County Health Department has set up a website for coronavirus information. The Allegheny County Health Department website has lots of links, you might find it easier to follow the Allegheny County Health Department on Facebook for updates.
- Website: www.alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus
- Allegheny County Health Department Facebook Page
- Twitter: @HealthAllegheny
Pennsylvania Department of Health
The Pennsylvania Department of Health has a website set up for coronavirus information. The website lists which counties have reported cases as well as an FAQ for Pennsylvania residents.
- Website: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/Pages/Coronavirus.aspx
- Pennsylvania Department of Health Facebook Page
- Twitter: @PAHealthDept
Pittsburgh Hospital Systems
Most of the hospitals in Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania are part of one of these hospital systems. Both Allegheny Health Network and UPMC are providing information on coronavirus.
Allegheny Health Network
The Port Authority manages public transit for Allegheny County. The Port Authority has set up a page for coronavirus info.
- Website: https://www.portauthority.org/inside-Port-Authority/rider-info/coronavirus/
- Port Authority Facebook Page
- Twitter: @PghTransit
- Website: https://flypittsburgh.com/pittsburgh-international-airport/terminal-information/safety-security/covid19/
- Pittsburgh Airport Facebook Page
- Twitter: @PITairport
Ensuring the safety of passengers is a top priority. So when hand sanitizing stations are on back order from the…
- Carnegie Mellon University coronavirus information
- University of Pittsburgh coronavirus updates
- Chatham University coronavirus updates
- Robert Morris University coronavirus updates
- Duquesne University coronavirus updates
- Carlow University coronavirus updates
- CCAC coronavirus updates
National Government Health Organizations
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The CDC is a federal agency under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC Facebook Page
- Twitter: @cdcgov
National Institutes for Health (NIH)
While the CDC focuses on managing public health, the NIH, also a federal agency under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, focuses on research.
- Website: https://www.nih.gov/health-information/coronavirus
- NIH Facebook Page
- Twitter: @NIH
Other Pittsburgh people to follow for coronavirus Updates
Dr. Rachel Levine // @SecretaryLevine
Dr. Levine is the secretary of health for the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Amesh Adjala // @AmeshAA
Dr. Adjala is a Pittsburgh doctor who specializes in infectious diseases. As an expert in the field, he is a frequent guest on national television and radio. You can read more about his work on his blog Tracking Zebra.
Mayor Bill Peduto // @BillPeduto
Bill Peduto is the mayor of Pittsburgh. He frequently retweets updates from other city agencies.
Twitter List for Pittsburgh coronavirus information
We’ve created a Twitter list for some of the accounts listed above.
More coronavirus info & stats
Avi Schiffmann of Mercer Island has been coding since he was a little kid and he's always working on his "next big project."
Coronavirus fact or fiction?
False information is spreading online about the coronavirus — from conspiracy theories about its origin to outlandish treatments that have no basis in science.Now, the WHO is working rapidly the debunk myths.
Misinformation about coronavirus is spreading. Here’s how to tell if what you’re seeing is real or fake.