From Sampsonia Way to Hartwood Acres, Pittsburgh gets another chance to see Guster perform for free
The Band Guster will be performing a free concert at Hartwood Acres on Sunday, August 4, 2019. Thanks to the Trib for reminding us about Guster’s last free concert in Pittsburgh. You can watch the Guster Dumpster set below.
Guster originated in Boston in the 90s, when the band members met as freshmen at Tufts. The band has released 8 albums over the years. The most recent album ‘Look Alive’ debuted in January and was recorded at a vintage keyboard museum in Canada.
After four years, Guster is back with a new album, 'Look Alive,' a nine-song collection complete with synth-heavy anecdotes and delicate impressionism. Hear the title song on World Cafe.
See Guster at Hartwood Acres
Guster will perform at Hartwood Acres this Sunday, August 4, 2019.
- Guster with Meeting of Important People
- Location: Hartwood Acres Park
- Date: Sunday, August 4, 2109
- Time: 7:30 – 10:30 pm
- Facebook Event
Know before you go: Hartwood Acres Concert Series
- Go early and allow time for traffic. While Hartwood Acres is a beautiful park that is part of the Allegheny County Parks system, there are not many roads to get to the Hartwood Acres.
- Parking is free.
- Bathroom situation: Hartwood has an outdoor amphitheater. There are lots of port-a-potties.
- Food: Pack a picnic or visit one of the food trucks. Keep an eye on the Allegheny County Parks Facebook page for a list of food trucks.
The Guster Dumpster Set
So back in 2016, the band Guster got stuck in Pittsburgh during a snowstorm and ended up playing a set in front of a dumpster on Sampsonia Way on the Northside.
MAYOR OF PITTSBURGH WHEN CAN WE HAVE GUSTER DAY IN PITTSBURGH WE LOVE PITTSBURGH IM SERIOUS https://t.co/XZ5Basdj93
— guster (@guster) January 24, 2016
Dumpster set. Pittsburgh.
Posted by Guster on Saturday, January 23, 2016
Guster duet with Mayor Peduto at the 2016 Arts Festival
Guster then came back to Pittsburgh for the Three Rivers Arts Festival in 2016 and performed a song about getting stuck in Pittsburgh during a snow storm. Mayor Peduto joined Guster on the stage for the song about snowstorms, alleys, and dumpsters.