Ben Wong on Vietnamese Food in Pittsburgh // Banjo Night at the Elks // Rolling Pepperoni to open storefront with the help of Honeycomb Credit
Having trouble with the player?
In this episode of The Slaw: Staying on top of Pittsburgh, Aadam talks with Ben Wong about Vietnamese food in Pittsburgh. Ben and his wife Kellie own Banh Mi & Ti in Lawrenceville and Two Sisters in East Liberty. Ben and Aadam talk about Vietnamese food, bubble tea and Ben shares some of his favorite places to eat around Pittsburgh. Stephanie shares one of her favorite North Side neighborhood events – the weekly Banjo Night at the Allegheny Elks Club. Our collaboration of the week highlights how Honeycomb Credit is helping Rolling Pepperoni open a storefront in Lawrenceville.
Ben Wong on Vietnamese food in Pittsburgh
Banh Mi & Ti
Two Sisters Vietnamese Kitchen
PennsylvAsia is a website that “has been exploring some of the cultural, educational, and social links between Pennsylvania and Asia since 2011.”
Some of Ben’s favorite food spots around Pittsburgh:
- Gaucho [Check out our guide to vegan eats at Gaucho]
- Yuzu Kitchen
- Ki Ramen
- Unami [Take a listen to Episode 01 of The Slaw, we talk to DJ Arie Cole who is at Unami every Friday night]
- Ki Pollo
- Meat & Potatoes
- Hyde Park Steak House
Events: Every Wednesday – Banjo Night @ The Allegheny Elks & Bluegrass Jam @ The Park House
Stephanie talks about why the North Side is the place to be on Wednesday nights.
A very Pittsburgh Collaboration: Honeycomb Credit & Rolling Pepperoni
Aadam shares one of the things he is looking forward to in 2020 – Rolling Pepperoni will be opening a storefront in Lawrenceville. Thanks to the help of Honeycomb Credit, a crowdfunding platform for small businesses from Pittsburgh, Rolling Pepperoni is expanding into its own storefront on Butler Street.
Rolling Pepperoni is a social enterprise bakery selling pepperoni rolls, feeding hungry folks and connecting the…
Give Us a Call
Have an event we should know about? Know of a partnership we should highlight on the podcast? How about a collaboration? We’d love to hear from you!
We’re always looking for new Pittsburgh stories to share. If you leave a message we just might feature your pick in our newsletter or on our podcast.
Give us a call and leave a message. We want to hear from you!
* Please note, By leaving a message on this service, you consent to your voice being recorded and used by Very Local Pittsburgh in The Slaw podcast and elsewhere.
Subscribe to The Slaw: Staying on Top of Pittsburgh podcast
The Slaw Podcast is available on:
Take a listen to some of the past episodes of The Slaw: Staying on Top of Pittsburgh
- Episode 08: Boaz Frankel on urSol the Chanter & Interviewing Elmo // Provision PGH & Hop Farm // Looking forward to 2020 [listen | iTunes |show notes]
- Episode 07: Lillian Rafson of Pack Up & Go // Dancing Gnome and Pear and the Pickle // New Year’s Eve [listen | iTunes | show notes]
- Episode 06: Lauren Hughes, Assistant Head Brewer at Penn Brewery // Pigeon Bagels + Redhawk Coffee // New Year, New Galaxy @ Black Forge II [listen | iTunes | show notes]
- Episode 05: Slow Fashion with Jessa Gibboney // Pittsburgh Record Night // Fire Fest at Grist House [listen | iTunes | show notes]
- Episode 04: Karen Lue // Pennsylvania Libations & Helltown Brewing // Red Beans & Rice Combo’s 2019 Holiday Spectacular [listen | iTunes | show notes]
- Episode 03: Civil War Pittsburgh // Make+Matter & Burghwood [listen | iTunes | show notes]
- Episode 02: Quelcy Kogel // Honkey Tonk Jukebox [listen | iTunes | show notes]
- Episode 01: DJ Arie Cole // Larder & East End Brewing [listen | iTunes | show notes]