Every Saturday in April, the Sixth and Penn Parking Garage will host an outdoor flea market
While Pittsburgh has a lot of great things, one of the things that Pittsburgh does not have is a great flea market. There are a few that are good, but none are close to the city. Most everyone I know who is serious about searching for vintage treasures makes a trek to the flea market in Rogers, Ohio. The Rogers flea market is open every Friday and some Saturdays.
Over the past year, lots, well, all of our favorite marketplaces have been canceled or moved online. So we are excited to see the Car Bazaar popping up every Saturday in April.
Inspired by the British car boot sale, the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership is organizing this flea market in a parking garage. Outdoor events are hard. Pittsburgh weather in April is anyone’s guess. But this flea market is rainproof because it is being held in a parking garage.
What is the Car Bazaar?
The Car Bazaar will take place in the Sixth and Penn Parking Garage in Downtown Pittsburgh. Easily accessible by bus, bike or car. (Yes, you can even park in the garage where the flea market is being held).
What will I find at the Car Bazaar?
This flea market is open to crafters, makers, vintage sellers and others who have something interesting to sell.
Here are a few of the vendors we know will be there:
- 🏷 Fresh Heirlooms
- 🏷 Channing Lane Vintage – clothing
- 🏷 Paws in the Sand Pet Treats (ICYMI we featured their pet treats in our Yinzer Shopping Network video!)
Want to sell at the Car Bazaar?
Spaces are filled up for the first two weeks. Vendors can still register for the April 17th market here. Vendor registration is $15.
When is the Car Bazaar?
Every Saturday in April from 10 am to 2 pm.
What else will I find at the Car Bazaar?
Food. Coffee. Live music.
Täkō will be serving breakfast wraps and brunch cocktails.
Saturday, April 3
- 🎶 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: Geña y Peña
- 🎶 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Byron Nash
Saturday, April 10
- 🎶 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.: The Evergreens
- 🎶 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Miss Freddye
Saturday, April 17
- 🎶 Chloe Wiecz
- 🎶 Soulful Femme
Saturday, April 24
- 🎶 Joel Lindsey
- 🎶 Sierra Sellers
Know before you go: Downtown Pittsburgh Car Bazaar Flea Market
COVID-19 Info: Masks are required. The flea market will follow guidance from the Allegheny County Health Department. Capacity will be limited in elevators and enclosed spaces.
- 📍 Address: Sixth and Penn Garage.
- 🎟 Cost to attend: Free.
- 🚗 Parking: $3 parking is available in the Sixth & Penn Garage if you reserve online ahead of time.
- 🚻 Bathrooms: The Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership notes that bathrooms will not be available in the garage. We’ve reached out to them to ask where to go if you have to go.
A socially distant walking tour of Downtown Pittsburgh
While you are downtown, check out some of these outdoor spots on our self-guided walking tour.
📸 Header photo: Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership.