Located in Boyce Park, this ski and snowboard area is convenient and super affordable ($32/weekend, $22/weekdays)
Everything you need to know about skiing at Boyce Park
Boyce Park is one of nine county parks in Allegheny County and is located East of the city (near Monroeville). During the winter months (December – March, depending on weather) Boyce Park operates a small ski area with one chair lift and a “magic carpet.” There is also a separate snow tube area.
The most affordable way to try skiing near Pittsburgh
Learning to ski can be an expensive proposition. Lift tickets at Hidden Valley and Seven Springs start at $76/weekend and $46/weekdays. Then plan to spend another $40+ to rent skis or a snowboard.
If you want to try skiing or just don’t have time to ski all day, Boyce Park offers an affordable option.
Lift Ticket & Rentals @ Boyce Park
At Boyce Park, the cost of ski/snowboard rentals are INCLUDED in the price of the lift ticket.
- Weekends: $32 for county residents and $40 for non-residents.
- Weekdays: $22 for county residents and $28 for non-residents.
Boyce Park Snow Conditions
You can check out the slopes and the ski conditions on the Boyce Park website here. There is a live video of the ski area on the website. Call 724-733-4665 for a recording of the snow conditions.
Boyce Park Ski Area COVID-19 Updates
The ski area is open for the 2020-2021 season with some modifications.
- The lodge is closed. (A bummer because the lodge is pretty cool.) There are portable toilets, lockers, and benches outside.
- Lift tickets must be purchased in advance. Each session is limited to 250 skiers. Lift tickets can be purchased through Allegheny County’s Active.com page.
- No season passes are available.
Know before you go: Boyce Park Ski Area
The Allegheny County website is a little bit confusing. Some helpful links:
- This is the best link for Boyce Park Ski Area information.
- Lift tickets are purchased through Allegheny County Park’s page on Active.com.
- Follow Allegheny County Parks on Facebook for more information.
- The Allegheny County Parks Foundation is a separate organization that supports the county parks (it is easy to confuse the two pages on Facebook).
- You can also check the Boyce Park Ski Slopes group on Facebook for information.
Winter 2021 Hours for Boyce Park Ski Area
- Monday – Friday 3:30 – 9:00 pm
- Saturday 9:30 am – 2:30 pm and 3:30 – 9:00 pm
- Sunday 9:30 am – 1:30 pm and 2:30 – 6:30 pm