Plus some Pittsburgh fun facts from Rick Sebak
After a couple of wild swings in our weather, we’re easing back into what actually feels like fall here in Pittsburgh. This week we’re taking a tour of some fall comfort foods. Know someone who loves dark, roasty beers? We’ve got a look at some local stouts and porters that are prime fall sippers. Turkey day is less than two weeks away. If you’re still shopping for the main course, here are all of the places to order a fresh bird. For coffee and cocoa, we stop by a coffee shop located in a historic spot in Bethel Park. If you’re a fan of hot pastrami and Matzo Ball soup, we catch up with the owner of a new Jewish Deli-style food truck.
Four things to learn from our interview Rick Sebak
Our podcast, “The Slaw: Staying on Top of Pittsburgh” is all about what makes Pittsburgh, well, Pittsburgh. For the past year, we have been profiling Pittsburgh places and Pittsburgh people. In honor of our one-year anniversary, we have a very special guest: Documentary filmmaker Rick Sebak.
His Pittsburgh pro tips, DJ quips and takeout picks are all packed into a fun – and slightly longer than usual episode – that you can tune into below.
- ➡️ Pittsburgh pro-tip for navigating the city
- ➡️ Best places for takeout around town
- ➡️ Tips for treasure hunting at local antique malls
- ➡️ Some surprising things about Pittsburgh history
Worth a click
A few of our favorite things from this past week.
- 🔗 Local photographer Pat Hogan put together a mesmerizing stop-motion of colorful fall leaves being blown through downtown Pittsburgh.
- 🔗 Folks anxiously waiting for the return of Pusadee’s Garden in Upper Lawrenceville can now eye up their anticipated opening date, via Pittsburgh magazine.
- 🔗 Tickets are available ($10/each) for Cheers, Yinz! A virtual beer festival from Fueled By Hops. All proceeds are being donated back to smaller (local) craft breweries undergoing financial hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Know of a local business with a story to share? We’d love to hear from you!